Wednesday, January 23, 2013

MERMAID WORLD



 I'm really happy and excited to share the game I have been working on for the past several months now...Mermaid World! The video above was put together by our talented Brandon Jones who still remembers After Effects! ;)  Seriously it's been a dream come true to design one of the magical creatures I love most. I was very fortunate to be given practically full freedom to create the look and style of the mermaids and I had so much fun doing it!

Below are just a few of designs and their final renders. The beautiful renders were done by the talented Barlow GilmoreEmery Miller, George, Rodgers, Katherine WaddellLain YeePeter Emmerich,  and Ryan Hungerford . Katherine also did all the mermaid animations for the game and they are just so wonderful. We are rolling out a ton of new features in the next few weeks so if you love mermaids and a mysterious story..definitely check it out! :)


Whoo-hoo this is my 100th blog post. Out of 4 years I prob should have more than that but yay!!! Aside from all this mermaid madness I have other cool news to share. I will be at  Disney's Wonderground Gallery this weekend as part of the Artisan Showcase they have there. I'll be at the gallery Saturday and Sunday from 1-4 and will have select prints with me and a bunch of new mini originals. If you are in the LA area and specifically Downtown Disney-come on by! :)



















Glimmer Rose

Carbon Night (with ninja star-fish and all)




Peppermint the Limited Edition Holiday Mermie
Aqua, our lovely mascot

Thanks for looking and have a fabulous weekend everyone!
xo-Liana




12 comments:

Unknown said...

These are lovely!! Congrat on the game!! ^_____^

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Beautiful creations!

Anonymous said...

Cute and hey Liana you and the artists should create the designs and final renders of the other mermaids cause they all look hot!

Vivian Fensen said...

I am so obsessed with Mermaid World...I really think my husband is concerned about it! :) These are such beautiful designs and makes me miss my days as a doll designer. Nice work! Please make more so I can continue my addiction.

IndianBooktuber said...

Wow, amazing pieces of art.
You are doing great and trust me, I mean that because I am the type of person who is not much interested in these things. I just came across your blog and *boom*. It forced me to have a look at these pieces.
:)

Manpreet - www.manpreetkaur93.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

I have been following your blog for a year and when I saw this game it reminded me of your style... I just saw this post that you did work on it!! I wish I would have known sooner since I saw your table at WonderCon! I love all the mermaid designs and am currently obsessed with this game. :p :D

Liana Hee said...

It's so wonderful to hear feedback about the designs and the game. Thank you all so much. :)
CrowdStar is coming out with a new version of the game soon too with some mystery thrown in.

Jessica Lowry said...

These are adorable! Keep up the good work! (applause ringing in the background)

Unknown said...

Please please please bring this out for Android!!!

Unknown said...

I am PROBABLY going to bug you until you do!

Unknown said...

By the way I love your mermaid hair in your profile pic on here. Very pretty.

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Coming to my BIG-ol,
John Belushi, party-hardy
in illustrious Seventh-Heaven:
pleasure-beyond-measure-R&R??

...yet, gotta quit materialism
N whorizontal vanity: God's Rules
aint crippling; sin is crippling.

Yes, earthling, Im an NDE,
I know now s'up... literally.
God bless you with discernment.
Make Your Choice -SAW