Saturday, August 1, 2009

Koi painting and Comic-Con!


A tiny 2.5 x 3.5 watercolor and gouache painting. I am having a lot more fun with real paint lately than digital.

So this is the first week back from Comic-Con..and it surely was an experience to remember! I was overwhelmed with everything that was going on not to mention all the wonderful and talented artists that had booths and tables.
Here are just a few of the things we brought home..
I got to meet Shane Glines, one of my very favorite retro pinup artists and bought his book 2-Daily Spiral.


At the Fleet Street Scandal booth, Juan and I both picked up Kevin Dart's Yuki-tee.


J.Scott Campbells
super sexy Fairy Tale Fantasies Calendar


The 5th Oogley Boogely 'sketch' book by the wonderful Pascal Campion


I attended a wonderful Disney panel featuring Walt Stanchfield's-Drawn to Life: 20 Golden Years of Disney Master Classes. The speakers in the panel were Eric Goldberg, Don Hahn, Tom Sito,Rubén Procopio and Glen Keane. It was amazing!!!

I also become a member of Girls Drawin Girls which I am happy about and look forward to contributing some cute and sexy fun pin-up art to their blog!

San Diego was fun and I although I will miss the con (not to mention the wonderful beaches and Extraordinary Desserts!).. being back to the bay is great and I look forward to sharing new artwork. Have a wonderful weekend.