Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Sketch Crawl 2009

Yesterday I participated in my first SketchCrawl! The weather was fantastic..a perfect day to draw outside. I had an amazing time and met some very cool people and talented artists. I have not drawn from life in a while so it took me some time to get used to it again. Here are some of my sketches from the crawl.




We started off at Golden Gate park around the carousel and children's park..there were so many kids and families to draw.




We walked a ton and tried to find new areas to draw..through the Haight,stumbled across a basketball court..but we made our way to this place know as "hippie hill" for the rest of the day. In all my years of living in the bay area I had never been there.
It's def something to see...huge group of people in a circle playing drums together, girls doing hula hoops,people playing hacky sac..there was even some guy who dug a hole in the ground and was attempting to make his own course and play golf.

Around 4:30 everyone met up at the De Young museum to share sketchbooks and hang out for a bit.
I had a great day and will definitely make an effort to participate in the sketchcrawls to come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

man lianna you finally got to a sketch craw thats awesome. I dont have a car yet down here do i cant get to the la ones yet